Do you have a book idea you have nursed for years? Turn your idea into reality now by taking this writing course, offered by Mawazo in partnership with Goethe Zentrum.
WHERE: Goethe Zentrum, 52 Bukoto Street, Kamwokya, Kampala
WHEN: Every Monday (except Easter Monday), from March 30th to May 25th, 2020
6pm – 8:30pm. (8 sessions.)
LED BY: Doreen Baingana, award-winning author of “Tropical Fish”. With an MFA in Creative Writing, she has been a Writer-in-Residence at the University of Maryland and the University of St. John/College of St. Benedict, MN, USA, and taught creative writing at the Writers Center, Bethesda, MD, USA for over five years. She has facilitated writing workshops in the US, UK, and across Africa and has published fiction and essays in numerous international journals and anthologies. As co-founder of Mawazo Africa Writing Institute, she is committed to sharing her knowledge and experience as an integral part of her creative endeavours.
WHAT: In this course, you will:
• Solidify your book idea into a PREMISE to light your writing path;
• Create a book outline and/or structure;
• Master the fundamentals of the writing craft such as plotting, characterization, style, voice, themes, scene-creation, dialogue, and more;
• Create a realistic writing schedule and targets;
• Start or continue writing book chapters;
• Receive editorial feedback on your writing;
• Grasp the basics of effective editing;
• Identify your target audience;
• Explore local and international publishing opportunities;
• Initiate marketing and distribution plans;
• Exchange drafts, feedback and writing-life challenges with fellow writers;
• Become part of a supportive writing community;
• Meet guest authors, publishers, and other industry professionals.
TO REGISTER: Click here